UpdatedMonday September 21, 2020 by Chris Skiffington.
Hello Football Families,
We have a plan for the season!
It is important that you read all this information ASAP and let us know if your child will participate. The deadline for notification is 8:00 a.m. this Monday morning August 31st.
After reading the attached please let us know if your child will participate by sending us an email with “We are in” or “We are out” to the following people:
My apologies for the quick turn requirement, however, we have to meet with the Board of Health this week and get teams finalized so we can create a schedule with the other towns.
Note for players from Wayland: We are considering splitting the 8th grade 7v7 team into a Wayland team and a Sudbury Team depending on the final number of players that decide to play.
In summary, we’ll be playing 7v7 no-contact Flag Football for all grades. We have also made other game modifications to further align with COVID-19 protocols. The attached document details all the rules and modifications we’re making in order to be compliant with the Commonwealth of MA guidelines.
Note: All the rule and changes were made in order to ensure safety for our players, coaches, volunteers and officials. Please review the rules and modifications in detail before making your decision to participate. Also note that each team is going to need more involvement from parents since there will be more requirements on each team to comply with COVID-19 protocols.
Season Schedule & Practice Logistics
- The season will start the week of Sept 14th.
- The first games will be Sunday, October 4th. We’ll play a regular season of six games for all teams.
- The playoffs will start the week of Nov 15th and end with Championship Sunday, Nov 29th
- Practice days and times are tentative and may change, however, below is the current plan:
- 7th & 8th grades will practice at LS on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- 4th/5th and 6th grades will practice at LS on Monday and Wednesday evenings
- K-3rd grade practice days are TBD and will be held at Haskell Field
If you have any questions - please text or call me over the weekend. I’ll be available at anytime today or tomorrow via my cell 617.875.9938.
Thanks and let’s go WARRIOR FOOTBALL!