Updated Wednesday April 3, 2019 by George Mullin.
Welcome to Sudbury Youth Football and Sudbury Youth Cheer!
Our goal is for you and your child to have a great and rewarding experience as part of our SYF&C Community. Our mission statement is to teach Sudbury boys and girls football and cheer in a fun, safe and competitive atmosphere that encourages skill development, sportsmanship, camaraderie and learning how to win and lose with class.
Below is more detail on what is expected of your youth athlete and what you can expect from your coaches.
Our Goals for the Kids:
- Have fun and be safe.
- Develop a passion for Football or Cheer
- Compete, learn and grow as athletes and people.
Expectations for your Coaches:
- 100% Respect for your kids and the team
- Commitment and dedication to safety and a fun experience
- Positive attitudes and constant encouragement.
- Balance of individual skill development/progression and team/game preparation and learning
Expectations we have of the kids:
- Bring a positive ATTITUDE
- Be committed to the TEAM and have respect for their TEAMMATES. That means EVERYONE plays unselfishly, does their job, hustles, and works hard at practice.
- Attend practices and be ON TIME for games and practices (30 minutes before a game and 10 minutes before practices).
- LISTEN and LEARN: We expect all kids will play, hustle and have fun. Everyone needs to understand their part and execute. Each player is accountable to each other and to the coaches. In order to succeed, EVERYONE must listen, learn and execute.
- Show great SPORTSMANSHIP ... Win or Lose.
We’re looking forward to another great season in the fall!
Sudbury Youth Football & Cheer